Kelly Tractor Co. serves its customers with a wide variety of machines from some
of the world's foremost manufacturers, including Caterpillar, Link-Belt Cranes,
IMT Drilling Rigs, Sullair, Barber-Greene, Wacker, Massey Ferguson, Harlo, Taylor
and Eagle Picher.
Since 1933, Kelly Tractor Co., has provided rentals, leasing, sales and servicing
of all types of construction and industrial equipment to the following markets:
highway and bridge building, water and sewer, land development, housing, aggregate
quarries, agriculture, warehousing, seaports, marinas, and other markets.
Kelly Tractor Co. and its affiliates employ more than 600 people in South Florida.
More than 370 of them provide parts and service support. The company is headquartered
in a 240,000 square-foot complex in Miami, with branch locations in Davie, West
Palm Beach, Clewiston, Ft. Myers, Orlando, and Mulberry Florida USA. And now, two
new Cat Rental Stores in Miami and Naples.
1925 E.E. "Pop" Kelly moved from Kearney MO. to Daytona
Beach as a representative of the Holt Manufacturing Co. Later that year, Holt merged
with the C.L. Best Tractor Co. to form Caterpillar Tractor Co., and Pop joined McDonald
and Burgman, the central Florida dealer.
1928 Pop moved to Clewiston and became director of the local branch
office, known as the Clewiston Motor Company.
1933 Pop purchases Clewiston Motor Co. and is named the Caterpillar
dealer for South Florida.
1939 The first branch of Clewiston Motor Co. was formed in Miami
as Shelley Tractor & Equipment Co.
1945 Shelley Tractor spun-off from Clewiston Motor Co. and becomes
the Miami area Caterpillar dealer.
1953 Pop Kelly was succeeded as president by his nephew Loyd Kelly.
1959 16,000 sq. ft. branch in West Palm Beach opens for business.
1963 A small service branch was established in Ft Pierce to better
serve the citrus and sugarcane growers in the area. Clewiston Motor Co. changed
its name to Kelly Tractor Co. and was again named the Caterpillar dealer for Miami.
1967 A small service branch was opened in Ft Myers.
1971 Kelly Tractor Co. out-grew its Miami facility and moved into
the current 40 acre site at 8255 NW 58th Street in Miami.
1991 The Pompano Beach branch was opened.
1992 Punta Gorda branch was completed and opened.
1993 Awarded Link-Belt franchise, for the state of Florida (except
the Panhandle),opened Orlando and Mulberry locations.
1996 New Ft. Myers branch opened for business. Appointed as IMT
authorized distributor for the Western Hemisphere.
2000 Kelly Tractor Co. opens new CAT Rental store & Industrial
lift truck facility in Davie, Fl. From modest beginnings, more than sixty years
ago, Kelly Tractor Co. has become a leader in Florida's construction industry.
2002, 2005, 2008 Kelly Tractor Co. participated at Con Expo in
Las Vegas displaying IMT Drill equipment. These earth drilling machines are available
for sale, lease and rent. Look for us at 2011 at this worldwide construction equipment
2007 Kelly Tractor Co. now carries AccuGrade GPS Technology
Current earthmoving and fine grading processes are labor intensive and dependent
on manpower and instruments. Maintaining consistent grade between stakes is challenging,
even for experienced operators. AccuGrade GPS reduces labor requirements and helps
operators work to the design plan by accurately cutting, filling and reducing material